Sorry, I do not have any before pictures on this one! But I will try to do my bestest (yes I know that is not a word :) to paint a picture in words of what this looked like when I found it.
Looking at the bottom you can see an idea of the color that it once was, the seat was that lovely black vinyl that's suppose to look like leather. You can still see just a little of it under the material that I covered it with. Finishing off the rather broken down bar room look that it had, there were metal upholstery studs around the top edge of the cushion. Sounds lovely right? :)
A lot of the dark paint had already come off of the chair when I got it. So I only needed to do a quick sand to get any lose paint that was still on it off and left what was not lose or pealing. this lets the wood have a distressed look to it.
For the Seat cover I used upholstery type material that I had on hand. simply cutting it a bit larger than the seat cushion, folding it over to tuck under the raw cut edge of the material and pulling it taunt as it was tacked. I put the new material right over the top of the vinyl, after taking the Material studs out.
To finish it off for me before I put the seat cushion back in, my Dad used some clear spray finish on it. and it is now a lovely addition to my home décor. It can mix easily between Shabby Chic, Country and Distressed Wood décor styles.